Re: Tracing down buildfarm "postmaster does not shut down" failures

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Tracing down buildfarm "postmaster does not shut down" failures
Дата
Re: Tracing down buildfarm "postmaster does not shut down" failures  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On 02/09/2016 06:46 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 02/09/2016 05:53 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>

>> Andrew, I wonder if I could prevail on you to make axolotl run "make
>> check" on HEAD in src/interfaces/ecpg/ until it fails, so that we can
>> see if the logging I added tells anything useful about this.
>>

> Will do.

Incidentally, as I noted earlier, the ecpg tests don't honour
TEMP_CONFIG, and in axolotl's case this could well make a difference, as
it it set up like this:
        extra_config =>{            DEFAULT => [                q(log_line_prefix = '%m [%c:%l] '),
"log_connections= 'true'",                "log_disconnections = 'true'",                "log_statement = 'all'",
       "fsync = off",   "stats_temp_directory='/home/andrew/bf/root/stats_temp/$branch'"            ],        },

So running it's not running with fsync off or using the ramdisk for
stats_temp_directory. Of course, that doesn't explain why we're not
seeing it on branches earlier than 9.5, but it could explain why we're
only seeing it on the ecpg tests.

cheers

andrew