Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(

От Antoine
Тема Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

On 17/01/06, me@alternize.com <me@alternize.com> wrote:
> Try a), b), and c) in order on the "offending" tables as they address
> the problem at increasing cost...

thanks alot for the detailed information! the entire concept of vacuum isn't
yet that clear to me, so your explanations and hints are very much
appreciated. i'll defenitely try these steps this weekend when the next full
vacuum was scheduled :-)

Thanks guys, that pretty much answered my question(s) too. I have a sneaking suspicion that vacuuming won't do too much for us however... now that I think about it - we do very little removing, pretty much only inserts and selects. I will give it a vacuum full and see what happens.
Cheers
Antoine

--
This is where I should put some witty comment.