Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(

От: Andrew Sullivan
Тема: Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Antoine, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (<>, )
  Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance  (Markus Schaber, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (<>, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Christopher Browne, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (<>, )
  Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Antoine, )

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 09:14:27AM +0100, Antoine wrote:
> think about it - we do very little removing, pretty much only inserts and
> selects. I will give it a vacuum full and see what happens.

UPDATES?  Remember that, in Postgres, UPDATE is effectively DELETE +
INSERT (from the point of view of storage, not the point of view of
the user).

Andrew Sullivan  |
The plural of anecdote is not data.
        --Roger Brinner