Re: Postgresql with max_connections=4096

От Jeff Trout
Тема Re: Postgresql with max_connections=4096
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jul 27, 2005, at 4:22 AM, denis@edistar.com wrote:

> Already checked.
> We set a machine with only pg_pool installed as a fronted to the
> real db.
> If I disable persistent connections and I use pg_pool with 4096
> preforked clients,

no no no.
you don't want 4096 preforked clients.

What you want to do is leave it at the default 32 preforks and run a
copy of pgpool on each frontend.  Then point your app to connect ot
localhost (or the unix socket).  Be sure you change things to use a
"normal" connect not a persistant connect.  This should be fine for
you.   I used to run a site doing hundreds of connects & queries /
second across 4 frontends each of which ran a pg_pool connected to a
db box.

If you fine 32 clients isn't enough, then bump it up.  The idea is to
keep as few connections as possible.

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/