Re: PGConf NYC 2023 Talks Wiki page

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: PGConf NYC 2023 Talks Wiki page
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
> On 18 Jun 2024, at 12:07, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> On 2024-Jun-18, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

>> Slides from presenters who agree to share their slides have already been
>> uploaded to the conference website and are linked to from the respective talk
>> on the schedule.  Talks where the slides are available are marked with "Slides
>> available" on the schedule page, and on the talk page will be a SLIDES section
>> where they can be downloaded.
>
> IMO this system is not great, because it's not possible to find slides
> for talks regardless of what conference they were presented in.

Sure, but each individual conference can't be expected to do more to solve that
than offer the speakers to host slides if they wish to share them.

> Talk slides and videos are a *huge* advocacy and teaching resource, and
> we're wasting it.

Considering the amount of effort and energy the community spends on arranging
conferences where said teaching can take place I think "wasting" is a strong
word.  However, I don't disagree that it would be good if we had a larger
collection which spans multiple events, but I don't think the wiki solves that
problem.  Personally I'd prefer if they were linked to under a more prominent
source, like https://www.postgresql.org/docs/online-resources/ or an
equivalent.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

Сообщение: Re: PGConf NYC 2023 Talks Wiki page
Сообщение: Re: PGConf NYC 2023 Talks Wiki page