Re: PGConf NYC 2023 Talks Wiki page

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: PGConf NYC 2023 Talks Wiki page
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 2024-Jun-18, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

> > On 18 Jun 2024, at 12:07, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> > Talk slides and videos are a *huge* advocacy and teaching resource, and
> > we're wasting it.
>
> Considering the amount of effort and energy the community spends on arranging
> conferences where said teaching can take place I think "wasting" is a strong
> word.

Point taken.  However, it's precisely of the amount of effort and energy
spent on conferences that makes me say that these slides and videos are
tremendously valuable, and we'd make an even bigger impact by promoting
them better than we do.

> However, I don't disagree that it would be good if we had a larger
> collection which spans multiple events, but I don't think the wiki solves that
> problem.  Personally I'd prefer if they were linked to under a more prominent
> source, like https://www.postgresql.org/docs/online-resources/ or an
> equivalent.

I agree that the wiki format is not ideal.  A page in the main website
would be a great resource.

"Debido a que la velocidad de la luz es mucho mayor que la del sonido,
 algunas personas nos parecen brillantes un minuto antes
 de escuchar las pelotudeces que dicen." (Roberto Fontanarrosa)