Re: pgsql: Fix BRIN to use SnapshotAny during summarization

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix BRIN to use SnapshotAny during summarization
Дата
Using contrib modules in check (Re: pgsql: Fix BRIN to use SnapshotAny during summarization)  (Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org>)
Список pgsql-committers
> Fix BRIN to use SnapshotAny during summarization

This patch added an isolation test that fails unless contrib/pageinspect
has been built and installed.  I do not find that acceptable.  It causes
"make check-world" to fail ... and no, installing the extension during
make check-world isn't going to make me happier.

I don't really think we need this isolation test at all, but if we do,
please fix it to not rely on any extensions.  Perhaps looking at
pg_relation_size or some such would do?  Or you could just issue
a query that should use the index, and see if it finds the rows it
ought to.