Using contrib modules in check (Re: pgsql: Fix BRIN to use SnapshotAny during summarization)

От Christoph Berg
Тема Using contrib modules in check (Re: pgsql: Fix BRIN to use SnapshotAny during summarization)
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Re: Tom Lane 2015-08-07 <928.1438900846@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> > Fix BRIN to use SnapshotAny during summarization
>
> This patch added an isolation test that fails unless contrib/pageinspect
> has been built and installed.  I do not find that acceptable.  It causes
> "make check-world" to fail ... and no, installing the extension during
> make check-world isn't going to make me happier.
>
> I don't really think we need this isolation test at all, but if we do,
> please fix it to not rely on any extensions.  Perhaps looking at
> pg_relation_size or some such would do?  Or you could just issue
> a query that should use the index, and see if it finds the rows it
> ought to.

Hi,

this breaks the Debian package builds as well because we run
check-world as a build step.

Any chance for a fix/workaround so the nightly master/head builds will
succeed again?

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/