Re: problem updating from form

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: problem updating from form
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 3 Jan 2011, at 8:12, Karen Springer wrote:

> This particular record has consistently had a problem (though not always), but users are unable to update other
recordsas well.  It doesn't occur with all records though.  Most of the time     the updates work fine.  I test using a
newAccess DB that contains only a copy of this table and a form with the BarCode and WorkOrder fields.  There isn't any
codebehind the form.

Seeing that the access db is probably where both the data is altered and displayed at the same time, would it be
possiblethat the problematic are in an open transaction somewhere? I'd imagine that in such cases access tries to
performan update, receives an error and changes the row contents back to what it was.

You can look for open transactions and row locks in pg_stat_activity and pg_locks respectively.

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4d2179a911543699029975!

От: Karen Springer
Сообщение: Re: problem updating from form
От: Thomas Schmidt
Сообщение: pgloader an Indexes / was: Re: CSV-bulk import and defaults