perl shared library, redux

От Cindy
Тема perl shared library, redux
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Name removed to protect the guilty (see below).  I replied asking for
the path to the libperl.a.  Do they know what they are talking about
or are they out in orbit past pluto somewhere?

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Thu, 19 Sep 2002 14:04:55 -0700
From:    (admin)
Subject: Re: shared library for perl (fwd)

There is no libperl.so for perl 5.004, but any package that is trying
to use perl that was doing it "right" shouldn't have to know anything
about that.  THere is a libperl.a which works just as well.

Mike

------- End of Forwarded Message

Just for reference/recap, I'm the one who has been unable to use the
createlang plperl and have been told that I need libperl.so.  I'm
running on:

[2:26pm] ctmoore@stephanus> uname -a
SunOS stephanus.tlg.uci.edu 5.8 Generic_108528-06 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4

using postgres 7.2

--Cindy