transactionID wraparound problem

От jing han
Тема transactionID wraparound problem
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hello,

In our project, we create one database named mydbname.

when I use

select datname from pg_database;

I got:
datname
-----------postgresmydbnametemplate1template0

According to the postgresql document, in order to prevent transaction ID wraparound failures,
in my code, I use:

SELECT datname, age(datfrozenxid) FROM pg_database;
 datname  |    age
-----------+------------postgres  | 1086137251mydbname  | 1073771662template1 | 1086137306template0 |   13977307

to check if age of postgres, template1, mydbname are over 1500000000,

if one of them age number is over 1500000000, for example, postgres age number is over 1500000000
I do psql --username=postgres -c 'VACUUM full' -d postgres

I have to do vacuum on template1, mydbname, and postgres, but not at the same time.

Is this the correct way to get rid of transaction ID wraparound failure?

Any answer will be appreciated.
jing

forwhat you sell.

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/