unexpected EOF on client connection

От jing han
Тема unexpected EOF on client connection
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hello,

We move from postgresql 7.3.2 to 8.1.8. I meet some problems with postgresql 8.1.8.

We are using the same code as what we used on postgresql 7.3.2,  but we didn't meet the same problem with 7.3.2. (Our
codeis in C/C++ using postgresql c interface, OS is fedora core 6)

We have some processes keep querying database all the time, I found that when I issue "killall postmaster", I get the
followinglog messages in linux console:

LOG: unexpected EOF on client connection (for 8.1.8)

but I didn't get the above log message with 7.3.2.

Another problem is: my processes crashes sometimes because of "unexpected EOF on client connection", but this never
happento my processes when they were running on 7.3.2.

One more problem is: sometimes after I killall postmaster, I restart postmaster, I got "connection to database 'dbname'
failed"(not always), but I never get into this situation when I use postgres 7.3.2

Can you tell me what I could to do to fix my problem?

By the way, I found that postgresql 8.1.8 always log messages to console not to a file, but 7.3.2 log its messages to
/var/log/messagesfile.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards
jing