Re: 8.3 RC1 - Logging and filenames

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.3 RC1 - Logging and filenames
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Andy Shellam" <andy.shellam-lists@mailnetwork.co.uk> writes:
> Many services use a single log file and just keep adding to it - that's the
> way I'd prefer to set PostgreSQL up, simply so I can predict what the log
> file's name is.  Our rotation system will then rotate the log and keep the
> name in the same format as all our other services.

I wonder exactly how your rotation system is going to accomplish that.
PG doesn't support re-opening its logfile on SIGHUP (and even if it did,
you'd have to find and SIGHUP all the relevant processes ... at the same
time ...)

Сообщение: Re: Restore dump into different databases/owners
Сообщение: Re: Restore dump into different databases/owners