Re: Partitioning by month causing an error?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Partitioning by month causing an error?
Дата
Re: Partitioning by month causing an error?
Список pgsql-admin
Wells Oliver <wells.oliver@gmail.com> writes:
> I have a partition per each month, like this:
> CREATE TABLE mmd_yr2019_3 PARTITION OF mmd FOR VALUES FROM ('2019-03-01')
> TO ('2019-03-31');
> CREATE TABLE mmd_yr2019_4 PARTITION OF mmd FOR VALUES FROM ('2019-04-01')
> TO ('2019-04-30');

> This breaks for dates at the end of the month. What's the better way to
> write the bounds? 3/1 to 4/1 and then 4/1 to 5/1? Does that cause some
> overlap issue?

The rule is that a range partition from A to B covers values A <= X < B.
So you should be using first-of-the-month dates for all of these
values.  As you have it, there's gaps in the allowable values,
totally aside from the PITA factor of having to identify the last
day of each month accurately.

Сообщение: Re: Partitioning by month causing an error?
Сообщение: Re: Partitioning by month causing an error?