Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Scheduale

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Scheduale
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jan 7, 2005, at 15:44, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> I'm the last person to argue against delaying to get it right :)
>> But, if we are going to delay to end of week, why not just make it a
>> Sun package, Mon release, so that Josh et al can get the best bang
>> for the PR/release announcement?
>>
> I think that we would then want a tuesday release. It is my experience
> that Monday releases don't get much exposure... people are trying to
> catch up after the weekend.

Having the release earlier in the week also means there will probably
be more people online to quickly respond to any issues that arise with
the release. Then again, it also means its more likely more people will
be exposed to any such issues as well. Weighing the two, I'd think
former is preferable to the latter. (Not that there'll be any issues
anyway :)

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com