Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 11-Dec-06, at 5:36 AM, Daniel van Ham Colchete wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> On 12/11/06, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:
>> Hi Daniel
>> On 10-Dec-06, at 8:02 PM, Daniel van Ham Colchete wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Gene,
>> >
>> > at my postgresql.conf, the only non-comented lines are:
>> > fsync = off
>> This can, and will result in lost data.
>
> I know... If there is a power failure things can happen. I'm know, but
> the performance dif is really really big I just have to decide if I'm
> willing to take that chance or not.
>
>> > lc_messages = 'C'
>> > lc_monetary = 'C'
>> > lc_numeric = 'C'
>> > lc_time = 'C'
>>
>> How much memory does this machine have and what version of postgresql
>> are you using?
> It's only a test server with 512MB RAM, I only used it to see how well
> would  the PostgreSQL do in a ugly case.

Given that optimal performance for postgresql can require up to 50%
of available memory, you are going to leave the OS with 256MB of
memory ?

Dave

> Daniel

Сообщение: Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations
Сообщение: Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations