Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations

От Daniel van Ham Colchete
Тема Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

> >> How much memory does this machine have and what version of postgresql
> >> are you using?
> > It's only a test server with 512MB RAM, I only used it to see how well
> > would  the PostgreSQL do in a ugly case.
>
> Given that optimal performance for postgresql can require up to 50%
> of available memory, you are going to leave the OS with 256MB of
> memory ?

If it were the case I wouldn't have any problems letting the OS use
only 256MB, but this is not my production server. My production is
built yet. It'll have at least 2GB of memory.

But it's good to know anyway.

Сообщение: Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations
Сообщение: Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations