Re: Doubts in connectivity

От Rasmus Mohr
Тема Re: Doubts in connectivity
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Maybe it's your firewall that's blocking connections, check ipchains.

Rasmus T. Mohr            Direct  :             +45 36 910 122
Application Developer     Mobile  :             +45 28 731 827
Netpointers Intl. ApS     Phone   :             +45 70 117 117
Vestergade 18 B           Fax     :             +45 70 115 115
1456 Copenhagen K         Email   : mailto:rmo@netpointers.com
Denmark                   Website : http://www.netpointers.com

"Remember that there are no bugs, only undocumented features."

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org]Pa vegne af sivagurunathan
shanmugham
Sendt: 8. april 2002 06:57
Til: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Emne: [ADMIN] Doubts in connectivity

Hi,

  I have installed postgres in red hat linux. the
pblm. is i couidn't able to connect from the client
machine which is also running in linux.

  i have tried by intiating the postmaster with -i
option but still i coudn't able to connect.

  can u clear me the following the doubts

  1. how do i connect postgres from a client machine
where postgres is installed and running successfully
in local.
  2. how to shutdown the postgres database.
  3. how to create user with passwords

Kindly clear me the doubts

With regds

Shiva..