Re: Cannot bind socket

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cannot bind socket
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Suresh Gupta VG" <suresh.g@zensar.com> writes:
> server starting
> bash-2.05$ LOG:  could not bind socket for statistics collector: Cannot
> assign requested address
> LOG:  trying another address for the statistics collector
> LOG:  database system was shut down at 2008-01-18 16:06:04 AST

AFAICT you do not have a problem here.  The database started up fine.

If you don't like the chatter in the log, fix your name resolution setup
(/etc/hosts or DNS) so that it doesn't return a non-working translation
of "localhost".  It looks to me like it probably returns both IPv6 and
IPv4 translations when the kernel will only take one of them.