Re: controlling memory management with regard to a specific query (or groups of connections)

От Jonathan Vanasco
Тема Re: controlling memory management with regard to a specific query (or groups of connections)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks. Unfortunately, this is in a clustered environment.   NFS and other shared drive systems won't scale well.  I'd
needto run a service that can serve/delete the local files, which is why I'm just stashing it in Postgres for now.

> On Nov 19, 2015, at 2:26 AM, Roxanne Reid-Bennett <rox@tara-lu.com> wrote:
>
> We have a system that loads a bunch of files up to be processed - we queue them for processing behind the scenes.  We
don'tload them into Postgres before processing.  We put them in a temp directory and just save the location of the file
tothe database.  This configuration does have limitations.  Post-processing can not be load balanced across servers
unlessthe temp directory is  shared.

От: Chris Richards
Сообщение: What could cause CREATE TEMP... "could not read block" error?
От: Albe Laurenz
Сообщение: Re: What could cause CREATE TEMP... "could not read block" error?