What could cause CREATE TEMP... "could not read block" error?

От Chris Richards
Тема What could cause CREATE TEMP... "could not read block" error?
Дата
Re: What could cause CREATE TEMP... "could not read block" error?  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Howdy. I have two tables that I'm joining together and using the result to create a temporary table. Performing the join operation works fine; it produces 0 rows (as expected). If I prepend "CREATE TEMP tmp_policyqueue AS" to the SELECT then it generates this error:

ERROR:  could not read block 39 in file "base/16391/11937": read only 0 of 8192 bytes

$ psql
psql (9.3.9)
mdb=> CREATE TEMP TABLE tmp_policyqueue AS
mdb-> SELECT pq.* FROM policyqueue AS pq
mdb-> JOIN seed_progress AS sp ON pq.id=sp.polidx;
ERROR:  could not read block 40 in file "base/16391/11937": read only 0 of 8192 bytes

You'll also observe that the block number is changing each time I execute the command. I know very little about postgres internal structure so it may be irrelevant. I've left my database in this state should extra information be needed.

Thanks for any assist.

Chris