Re: pg_dumpall size twist

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dumpall size twist
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Marc Fromm <Marc.Fromm@wwu.edu> writes:
> It turns out that one specific database called postgres is growing each time I perform a restore from the pg_dumpall
files.
> The database postgres has gone from 5.1MB to 10MB to 15MB to 20MB. No other database is growing like this. The
pg_dumpallis using the -c flag to drop databases before restoring them.

> When I do a restore I do this command: psql -U postgres -f alldb postgres.
> Has it something to do with using postgres as the starting db?

Well, yeah: you can't drop the database you're connected to.  It might
be a good idea to pay attention to the errors emitted by the dump
script...

От: "Scott Whitney"
Сообщение: Re: PITR question with base backup
От: "Scott Marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: PITR question with base backup