Re: "could not write to output file: Permission denied" during pg_dump

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "could not write to output file: Permission denied" during pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Tefft, Michael J" <Michael.J.Tefft@snapon.com> writes:
> We have several Postgres 9.4 databases on Solaris 10 that are structural
> clones but with different data . While running multiple concurrent
> pg_dump exports for these databases, we get sporadic errors like this:

> pg_dump: dumping contents of table attachment
> pg_dump: [custom archiver] could not write to output file: Permission
> denied
> pg_dump: *** aborted because of error

> This is after successfully dumping several tables.

It's hard to see how that could be anything except an operating-system
bug.  If we've been successfully writing on a file for awhile, there's
no way that another write should trigger a permission error.  Unless
maybe they chose to report some sort of disk-quota-exceeded situation
as EPERM, but even so that choice seems wrong to me.

I'd suggest asking Sun^H^H^HOracle about this.