"could not write to output file: Permission denied" during pg_dump

От Tefft, Michael J
Тема "could not write to output file: Permission denied" during pg_dump
Дата
Re: "could not write to output file: Permission denied" during pg_dump  (Bret Stern <bret_stern@machinemanagement.com>)
Список pgsql-general

We have several Postgres 9.4 databases on Solaris 10 that are structural clones but with different data . While running multiple concurrent pg_dump exports for these databases, we get sporadic errors like this:

pg_dump: dumping contents of table attachment

pg_dump: [custom archiver] could not write to output file: Permission denied

pg_dump: *** aborted because of error

This is after successfully dumping several tables. The table that triggers the failure varies from run to run, and is not (or, so far has not been) the first table processed. These failures only occur during concurrent runs – we have not seen them when we single-thread the pg_dump exports.

The command used to invoke pg_dump is as follows:

${currentCodeDir}/thirdPartyLinks/postgres/bin/pg_dump --file=${currentDataDir}/${db_name}.dmp --format=custom --host=${PostgreSQLServer} --port=${db_port} --username=xxxx --no-privileges --verbose ${db_name}

Any ideas?

Michael Tefft

Snap-on Business Solutions

4025 Kinross Lakes Parkway