Re: How to _really_use a non-default tablespace

От Andras Simon
Тема Re: How to _really_use a non-default tablespace
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/17/06, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 04:56:09PM +0200, Andras Simon wrote:
> > As a more drastic example: I created a DB on a tablespace TS, and
> > copied a 25 MB file into one of its tables. I ended up having 60
> > MB of extra data in $PGDATA/pg_xlog that doesn't go away even
> > after dropping the database.
>
> The xlog is not split by database, all databases share the same xlog.

OK, I see. The question then is how far does it grow. If its size is
comparable to that of the actual data, then having separate
tablespaces is not as useful as it first seemed to me. But I might be
missing something.

And there's still the question of indices...

Thanks,

Andras