Re: Query on User account password change details

От Ron
Тема Re: Query on User account password change details
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 5/7/21 9:10 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>> While maybe true, the point stands that even the original source of the requirement has admitted it's a bad idea,
andstandards bodies are dropping it. So, unlike many other things we might consider pointless, with this one, you have
thekind of defense that might work in an audit.

>> The problem is that Postgresql allows Really Short Passwords without
>> uttering a peep, and that's not defensible to an auditor.
>>
>> psql (12.5 (Ubuntu 12.5-1.pgdg18.04+1))
>> Type "help" for help.
>>
>> postgres=# create role foo password 'a';
>> CREATE ROLE
>> postgres=#
> Have you considered passwordcheck?
>
>     https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/passwordcheck.html

This might satisfy my own audit requirements!

Сообщение: Re: Query on User account password change details
Сообщение: Re: Query on User account password change details