Re: [HACKERS] OpenFile() Permissions Refactor

От David Steele
Тема Re: [HACKERS] OpenFile() Permissions Refactor
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 9/13/17 10:26, David Steele wrote:
>> Here's a new patch based on your review.  Where I had a question I made
>> a choice as described below:
>
> I have committed the changes to the file APIs and a fix for the umask
> save/restore issue.

Thank you!

> The mkdir changes didn't really inspire me.  Replacing mkdir() with
> MakeDirectoryPerm() without any change in functionality doesn't really
> improve clarity.

OK.  I had hoped removing the need to specify the mode at every call
site was functionality enough.  Even so, I'm a little surprised you
didn't keep PG_DIR_MODE_DEFAULT.

> Maybe we'll revisit that when your next patches arrive.

The next patch set was be this same refactor on the tools (initdb,
pg_rewind, etc), but if you think the mkdir refactor did not add enough
value then I'll rethink my plans.

I may need to present all the patches in one CF so it's clear where all
this is going: allowing group read on $PGDATA.

Thanks,
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net