Re: Part way there, how do I complete it

От ray
Тема Re: Part way there, how do I complete it
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Apr 15, 3:15 pm, ray <Ray.Jos...@CDICorp.com> wrote:
> I have just installed pgsql on a Windows XP from my administrator
<snip>
> 1)  The encoding is win1252, I wanted to make it unicode but I missed
> where to make that happen.  Can I change it for those things already
> built and for things in the future?

I found that I can change this through the properties tab for the
existing db.

> 4)  Up to this point, there has been no change in the look or behavior
> of pgAdminIII.  So I went to File|Add server.  I added test01.  Now I
> do not like what I see in the object browser.  Can I change it?  It
> looks like:
>   Servers(1)
>     test01(localhost:5432)
>       Databases (2)
>         postgres
>         test
>       Tablespaces . . .
>
> Postgres and test dbs only showed up after I defined test01.  I do not
> want the top level server to be test01.  Is there a convension as to
> how to name this?  I expect to use pgsl for 4 different applications.
> I don't know if I can or should make these different servers or
> different databases.  And how do I change it?  What are the
> considerations?

I have found that I can change this by 'dropping' the test01 and
creating a new one.  I would still like to know what naming
convensions are and how to choose a new server or db.

Thank,
Ray