Re: 2023-08-10 release announcement draft

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: 2023-08-10 release announcement draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/7/23 9:53 PM, David Rowley wrote:

>>> I think this is still outstanding. A bit of work has been done for the
>>> int parsing regression but it seems there's still a performance
>>> regression when running multiple COPYs on the same table, per [1].
>>
>> Hm, the open item was closed[1] -- was that premature, or is this a new
>> issue (have not yet read the thread you referenced)?
>
> I closed it thinking that enough had been done to resolve the
> performance regression. In the linked thread, Sawadasan shows that
> that's not the case. So, yes, premature.  I've reverted the change to
> the open items list now.

Got it. I reverted it as well from the release announcement. Reattaching
with the clean copy.

(Aside: I'm super excited for this PG16 improvement + fixed regression,
as lately I've had to do some bulk imports on a single table that could
really benefit from this :)

Jonathan

Вложения