Re: quick question abt pg_dump and restore

От Josh Harrison
Тема Re: quick question abt pg_dump and restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Jan 9, 2008 9:59 AM, A. Kretschmer <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com> wrote:
am  Wed, dem 09.01.2008, um  9:45:11 -0500 mailte Josh Harrison folgendes:
> What if I want to maintain the same order as in the database1? ie., I want my
> rows of TableABC in Database2 to be the same order as the rows in TableABC in
> Database 1 ???

For what reason?

Again: there is no order within the database.

Thanks...
Another quick question...When you issue a query like this
select * from dummy limit 10
What 10 rows are fetched? like first 10  or last 10 or  the first 10 from first block or.... ?
And this query always returns the same 10 rows (when there are no updates/deletes)

josh