Re: Experiences with extensibility

От Sim Zacks
Тема Re: Experiences with extensibility
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I believe I was misunderstood. The fact that a product is closed source does not
make it a better product. Some companies that are using Oracle would be better
off using PostgreSQL. Other companies that need the features that Oracle offers
would not be better off using Postgresql.

However, there are a lot of closed source products that are better then their
open source counter-parts.
Oracle vs. Postgresql is one of them. Obviously if you don't need the
feature-set provided by Oracle then you would be foolish for paying for it. But
if you do need the extra features, then it is worth it.

Sim