Re: How to tell if PGSQL 8.4 is in standby mode

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: How to tell if PGSQL 8.4 is in standby mode
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On 17/04/18 00:53, Ron wrote:
> On 04/16/2018 03:18 AM, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
>>
> [snip]
>>
>> 8.4? Seriously, there are so many reasons to be using a later version!
>
> If the customer says "don't upgrade because we don't want to disturb a
> running system", then... you don't upgrade.  It's as simple as that.

Well, left to themselves - all customers will say that. It is up to us
IT guys to explain to them the benefits of keeping current and the risks
of not doing so. E,g in this case:
- really hard to tell if standby is up to date
- ...and will actually come up if needed
- hard to get help in the advent of problems (not many people are
current with 8,.4 replication for instance)

regards
Mark