Re: pg_restore creates public schema?

От Ron
Тема Re: pg_restore creates public schema?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/6/22 14:35, Adrian Klaver wrote:
On 10/6/22 09:46, Ron wrote:
On 10/6/22 10:20, Tom Lane wrote:
Ron<ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com>  writes:
On 10/6/22 09:49, Tom Lane wrote:
Ron<ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com>  writes:
pg_dump 9.6.24
You realize that that version's been out of support for a year?
Yes, which is why I'm dumping from an EOL cluster, and restoring to a
supported version.
But why are you using the dead version's pg_dump?  You could use
the supported version of that.

Because installing new software on production servers requires hurdles (Service Now change ticket approved by the application support manager, Delivery Service Manager, Engineering Change Board, and a one week lead time before installing during the Saturday night maintenance window) that I'm not willing to jump through just to take an /ad hoc/ database backup.

1) So I assume that means Postgres 13.8 has not been installed in anticipation of the change over?

It's certainly been installed on the new (RHEL8) server.  Not the EOL RHEL6 server, because of course the point is to get off of EOL software...

2) All those hoops,

Those hoops are for installing new software on a server.  We jumped through those hoops six months ago to upgrade Pg 9.6.18 to .24 on the RHEL6 server

yet you can move the data off site with no issue?

This post was about pg_restore creating "public", not about how to copy files from point A to point B.

Сообщение: Re: pg_restore creates public schema?
Сообщение: Re: pg_restore creates public schema?