Re: pg_restore creates public schema?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pg_restore creates public schema?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/6/22 09:46, Ron wrote:
> On 10/6/22 10:20, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Ron<ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com>  writes:
>>> Yes, which is why I'm dumping from an EOL cluster, and restoring to a
>>> supported version.
>> But why are you using the dead version's pg_dump?  You could use
>> the supported version of that.
>
> Because installing new software on production servers requires hurdles
> (Service Now change ticket approved by the application support manager,
> Delivery Service Manager, Engineering Change Board, and a one week lead
> time before installing during the Saturday night maintenance window)
> that I'm not willing to jump through just to take an /ad hoc/ database
> backup.

1) So I assume that means Postgres 13.8 has not been installed in
anticipation of the change over?

2) All those hoops, yet you can move the data off site with no issue?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: pg_restore creates public schema?
Сообщение: Re: pg_restore creates public schema?