Re: Recovering data from an old disk image

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Recovering data from an old disk image
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/15/2016 09:06 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Richard Kuhns <rjk@wintek.com> writes:
>> I uninstalled 9.3 & installed the most recent 9.4. When I try to start
>> it, it tells me:
>
>> postgres[99770]: [1-1] FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server
>> postgres[99770]: [1-2] DETAIL:  The database cluster was initialized
>> with PG_CONTROL_VERSION 937, but the server was compiled with
>> PG_CONTROL_VERSION 942.
>
>> Based on a search of the mailing list archives I'm guessing that the
>> original postgresql server was a 9.4 beta.
>
> [ digs in commit logs... ]  Assuming that this actually was a release of
> some sort, and not just a random git snapshot, it would have to have been
> 9.4beta1.  Betas later than that one used the newer PG_CONTROL_VERSION
> value.  The catalog_version_no would provide a finer-grain dating, but
> trying beta1 seems like a good bet.
>
> I'm not sure if there are still tarballs of 9.4beta1 on our webservers,
> but in any case you could easily check out that tag from our git server
> to recover the matching source code.

If you go here:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=e6df2e1be6330660ba4d81daa726ae4a71535aa9

would not fetching the snapshot also work?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Recovering data from an old disk image
От: Miguel Ramos
Сообщение: Re: pg_restore out of memory