Re: Recovering data from an old disk image

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Recovering data from an old disk image
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Richard Kuhns <rjk@wintek.com> writes:
> I uninstalled 9.3 & installed the most recent 9.4. When I try to start
> it, it tells me:

> postgres[99770]: [1-1] FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server
> postgres[99770]: [1-2] DETAIL:  The database cluster was initialized
> with PG_CONTROL_VERSION 937, but the server was compiled with
> PG_CONTROL_VERSION 942.

> Based on a search of the mailing list archives I'm guessing that the
> original postgresql server was a 9.4 beta.

[ digs in commit logs... ]  Assuming that this actually was a release of
some sort, and not just a random git snapshot, it would have to have been
9.4beta1.  Betas later than that one used the newer PG_CONTROL_VERSION
value.  The catalog_version_no would provide a finer-grain dating, but
trying beta1 seems like a good bet.

I'm not sure if there are still tarballs of 9.4beta1 on our webservers,
but in any case you could easily check out that tag from our git server
to recover the matching source code.

Сообщение: Re: Recovering data from an old disk image
Сообщение: Re: Recovering data from an old disk image