Re: How to choose new master from slaves.?

От Ron
Тема Re: How to choose new master from slaves.?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 8/6/22 03:40, Peter J. Holzer wrote:
> On 2022-08-04 07:43:28 +0000, Sacheen Birhade wrote:
>> I have a very basic question about streaming replication feature of Postgres.
>> Let’s assume I have servers A, B, C, D, & E with postgres installed with
>> streaming replication as follow:
>> A  à  B ( sync replication )
>> A  à  C ( async replication )
>> A  à  D ( async replication )
>> A  à  E ( async replication )
>> A is master & rest are slaves.
>>
>> Now my question is:
>> Assume replication link between A & B may/may not stable.
> Using sync replication on an unstable link is probably not a good idea.
> Every time the link goes down, A freezes. Is this what you want?

I had to fight my end users about how to replicate a SQL Server database
across a WAN.  They of course wanted it synchronously replicated, but I
insisted that was a horrible idea, for the exact reason you mentioned
(though it "only" freezes when the untransmitted transmitted transaction
logs fill of the primary database's disk).

Сообщение: Re: How to choose new master from slaves.?
Сообщение: Re: How to choose new master from slaves.?