Re: How to choose new master from slaves.?

От Peter J. Holzer
Тема Re: How to choose new master from slaves.?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2022-08-06 15:06:06 -0500, Ron wrote:
> On 8/6/22 03:40, Peter J. Holzer wrote:
> > Using sync replication on an unstable link is probably not a good idea.
> > Every time the link goes down, A freezes. Is this what you want?
>
> I had to fight my end users about how to replicate a SQL Server database
> across a WAN.  They of course wanted it synchronously replicated, but I
> insisted that was a horrible idea, for the exact reason you mentioned
> (though it "only" freezes when the untransmitted transmitted transaction
> logs fill of the primary database's disk).

Doesn't synchronous mean that a commit only returns when the transaction
has been replicated?

(The database can work on other transactions in the meantime, but that
client is blocked.)

        hp

Вложения

От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: How to choose new master from slaves.?
Сообщение: Re: How to choose new master from slaves.?