Re: [HACKERS] Garbled comment in postgresGetForeignJoinPaths

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Garbled comment in postgresGetForeignJoinPaths
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017/08/17 1:31, Tom Lane wrote:
> postgres_fdw.c around line 4500:
>
>      /*
>       * If there is a possibility that EvalPlanQual will be executed, we need
>       * to be able to reconstruct the row using scans of the base relations.
>       * GetExistingLocalJoinPath will find a suitable path for this purpose in
>       * the path list of the joinrel, if one exists.  We must be careful to
>       * call it before adding any ForeignPath, since the ForeignPath might
>       * dominate the only suitable local path available.  We also do it before
> -->  * reconstruct the row for EvalPlanQual(). Find an alternative local path
>       * calling foreign_join_ok(), since that function updates fpinfo and marks
>       * it as pushable if the join is found to be pushable.
>       */
>
> Should the marked line simply be deleted?  If not, what correction is
> appropriate?

In relation to this, I updated the patch for addressing the
GetExistingLocalJoinPath issue [1].

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/6008ca34-906f-e61d-478b-8f85fde2c090%40lab.ntt.co.jp

От: Etsuro Fujita
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] postgres_fdw bug in 9.6