Re: SQL statement PREPARE does not work in ECPG

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: SQL statement PREPARE does not work in ECPG
Дата
RE: SQL statement PREPARE does not work in ECPG  ("Matsumura, Ryo" <matsumura.ryo@jp.fujitsu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Matsumura-san,

> (1)
> I attach a new patch. Please review it.

This looks good to me. It passes all my tests, too.

There were two minor issues, the regression test did not run and gcc
complained about the indentation in ECPGprepare(). Both I easily fixed.

Unless somebody objects I will commit it as soon as I have time at
hand. Given that this patch also and mostly fixes some completely
broken old logic I'm tempted to do so despite us being pretty far in
the release cycle. Any objections?

> (2)
> I found some bugs (two types). I didn't fix them and only avoid bison
> error.
>
> Type1. Bugs or intentional unsupported features.
>   - EXPLAIN EXECUTE
>   - CREATE TABLE AS with using clause

Please send a patch. I'm on vacation and won't be able to spend time on
this for the next couple of weeks.

> Type2. In multi-bytes encoding environment, a part of character of
> message is cut off.
>
>   It may be very difficult to fix. I pretend I didn't see it for a
> while.

Hmm, any suggestion?

Michael
--