Daylight Saving Time question PostgreSQL 8.1.4

От Michael Ledford
Тема Daylight Saving Time question PostgreSQL 8.1.4
Дата
Re: Daylight Saving Time question PostgreSQL 8.1.4  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
It appears that we didn't do enough research in regards to the recent
DST switch. We poorly assumed that having our machine's timezone files
up to date would be sufficient not knowing that our version of
postgres relied on its own timezone files.

The question is... can we symlink the share/postgresql/timezone/
directory to our OS X /usr/share/zoneinfo to without fear of breaking
anything in the future?

I'm also curious about the rationale to maintain a separate timezone
data files for machines that supply them.

Sincerely,
Michael