Re: Major Feature Interactions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Major Feature Interactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@gmail.com> writes:
> What about the interaction of plan invalidation and the security
> problems with 'security definer'?  I am especially curious if pl
> functions will no longer regenerate their plans with each session for
> 8.3.  Is that going to be the case?  It wasn't completely clear from
> the related discussions AFAICT.

No, there's no intention of caching plans across sessions.

I'm intending to build some infrastructure in namespace.c to support
a stack of "override" search_path values, and then tweak plancache.c
to override search_path during a replan.  (It has to be a stack because
nested replan events are entirely possible.)  I think this
infrastructure will also work for attaching search paths to functions;
but we still lack an agreed design spec for how that should look to the
user.