Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations

От Daniel van Ham Colchete
Тема Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 12/11/06, Steinar H. Gunderson <sgunderson@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 11:31:48AM -0200, Daniel van Ham Colchete wrote:
> > What PostgreSQL benchmark software should I use???
>
> Look up the list archives; search for "TPC".
>
> > I'll test PostgreSQL 8.1 on a Fedora Core 6 and on a Gentoo. I'll get
> > the same version FC6 uses and install it at my Gentoo. I'll use the
> > same hardware (diferent partitions to each).
>
> Why do you want to compare FC6 and Gentoo? Wasn't your point that the -march=
> was supposed to be the relevant factor here? In that case, you want to keep
> all other things equal; so use the same distribution, only with -O2
> -march=i686 vs. -march=athlon-xp (or whatever).
>
> /* Steinar */
Using Gentoo is just a easy way to make cflag optimizations to all the
other libs as well: glibc, ...

I can also mesure performance on Gentoo with cflag optimized
PostgreSQL and plain PostgreSQL as well.

От: "Luke Lonergan"
Сообщение: Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations
От: Michael Stone
Сообщение: Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations