Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations

От Steinar H. Gunderson
Тема Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 11:31:48AM -0200, Daniel van Ham Colchete wrote:
> What PostgreSQL benchmark software should I use???

Look up the list archives; search for "TPC".

> I'll test PostgreSQL 8.1 on a Fedora Core 6 and on a Gentoo. I'll get
> the same version FC6 uses and install it at my Gentoo. I'll use the
> same hardware (diferent partitions to each).

Why do you want to compare FC6 and Gentoo? Wasn't your point that the -march=
was supposed to be the relevant factor here? In that case, you want to keep
all other things equal; so use the same distribution, only with -O2
-march=i686 vs. -march=athlon-xp (or whatever).

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/