Re: postmaster recovery and automatic restart suppression

От Kolb, Harald (NSN - DE/Munich)
Тема Re: postmaster recovery and automatic restart suppression
Дата
Re: postmaster recovery and automatic restart suppression  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: postmaster recovery and automatic restart suppression  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

There are some good reasons why a switchover could be an appropriate
means in case the DB is facing troubles. It may be that the root cause
is not the DB itsself, but used resources or other things which are
going crazy and hit the DB first ( we've seen a lot of these
unbelievable things which made us quite sensible for robustness
aspects). Therefore we want to have control on the DB recovery.
If you don't want to see this option as a GUC parameter, would it be
acceptable to have it as a new postmaster cmd line option ?

Regards, Harald Kolb.

Сообщение: Re: Multicolumn index corruption on 8.4 beta 2
Сообщение: Re: Multicolumn index corruption on 8.4 beta 2