Re: BUG #17625: In PG15 PQsslAttribute returns different values than PG14 when SSL is not in use for the connection

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: BUG #17625: In PG15 PQsslAttribute returns different values than PG14 when SSL is not in use for the connection
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On 29 Sep 2022, at 23:08, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> A definition that'd be consistent with what we just agreed to for
> PQsslAttribute is:
>
> PQsslAttributeNames(NULL): the attributes for the default SSL library,
> or an empty list if there is none.
>
> PQsslAttributeNames(conn): the attributes for the SSL library in use
> on this connection, or an empty list if not encrypted.

I think that makes sense, it keeps the API consistent.

> This doesn't cover how to find out the attributes for a non-default
> SSL library in advance of using it, but since PQsslAttribute would
> also need extension for multiple libraries, we could leave that
> for later.

Agreed, let's leave that for later.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #17625: In PG15 PQsslAttribute returns different values than PG14 when SSL is not in use for the connection