Re: BUG #17625: In PG15 PQsslAttribute returns different values than PG14 when SSL is not in use for the connection

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17625: In PG15 PQsslAttribute returns different values than PG14 when SSL is not in use for the connection
Дата
Ответ на Re: BUG #17625: In PG15 PQsslAttribute returns different values than PG14 when SSL is not in use for the connection  (Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
> Reading a few lines further down in the docs I noticed this description for the
> compression parameter to PQsslAttribute:

>     "If SSL compression is in use, returns the name of the compression
>     algorithm, or "on" if compression is used but the algorithm is not
>     known.  If compression is not in use, returns "off"."

> AFAICT that has never been the case since 91fa7b4719ac, it has always just
> returned "on" or "off" and never the name of the compression algorithm.  I
> propose to apply the attached backpatched to make the docs align with the code.

Yeah, it clearly doesn't do that.  +1

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17625: In PG15 PQsslAttribute returns different values than PG14 when SSL is not in use for the connection