Re: zero data loss recovery is possbile with pgbackrest tool?

От Rui DeSousa
Тема Re: zero data loss recovery is possbile with pgbackrest tool?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

> On Jun 19, 2019, at 5:40 PM, Pavan Kumar <pavan.dba27@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> yes those are committed transaction.
>
> I have tested two cases
>
> 1. complete lost. (means complete data directory, pg_wal direcoty)
> 2. lost few directories (deleted few directories , except pg_wal).
>
> both cases I do see latest data in the current wal is lost.
>
> when I check the recovery process , wal archives are copying from pgbackrest repository to pg_wal directory. however
pgbackresttool is not copying current wal log at all. it is only copying archived wal's/

> is there any way to copy current wal log with pgbackrest tool?

If the WAL is not archived and if losing the primary without having access to the current WAL then data loss would
result. A way to avoid the scenario is with an HA solution that involves synchronous replication thus any committed
transactionwould exist on multiple nodes.

I’m not familiar enough with pgbackrest to offer much help there; but it seems like a backup issue as you are losing
filesand directories with a given backup set.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Vacuum not cleaning up rows.
От: Achilleas Mantzios
Сообщение: Re: zero data loss recovery is possbile with pgbackrest tool?