Re: Extending amcheck to check toast size and compression

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: Extending amcheck to check toast size and compression
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On Nov 4, 2021, at 7:53 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> But, is it plausible to add test coverage for the new checks, or is
> that going to be too much of a pain?

It only takes about 20 additional lines in the regression test to check the code paths for raw sizes which are too
largeand too small, so I've done that in this next version.  Testing corrupt compressed data in a deterministic, cross
platformmanner with a compact, easy to maintain regression test has eluded me and is not included here.

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения