Patch for Delta Materialized View Refreshes

От John Dent
Тема Patch for Delta Materialized View Refreshes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi folks,

I failed to post a patch on the thread “Delta Materialized View Refreshes?” (Message-ID
1541368916681-0.post@n3.nabble.com),so I figured I’d try again and post directly this time. Hopefully this time, it’ll
makeit through. Thanks for your patience.

(Original message follows…)

Hi folks,

I had a crack at this, and it was pretty simple to get something working to play around with, and it seems like it
mightbe useful.

I developed it against 10.1, as that's what I happened to be working with at the time. The patch is pretty small, and I
hopedit would apply cleanly
against 11. Unfortunately it doesn't, but I doubt the issues are substantial. If there is interest in moving this
forward,I'll update and re-share.

The patch enables pretty much exactly what Jeremy suggests — something like "refresh materialized view concurrently
testviewwhere type = 'main';” — with fairly obvious semantics.

Welcome comments on the patch or approach.

denty.

Вложения